Taylor County Democrats

Saturday, June 17, 2006

Eye on Williamson » My Governor’s Race Analysis, Latest Rasmussen Poll

Eye on Williamson » My Governor’s Race Analysis, Latest Rasmussen Poll: "I may be wrong but when it’s all said and done I really don’t think Chris Bell’s support can fall below 25%. With Perry at 38 and Gramda at 20 if my math is right that leaves Kinky at 17%. I still think that’s too high for Kinky come November. Probably Bell into the low-mid 30’s and Grandma with a couple more and Kinky in around 8-9%.

The reality at this point is Perry is looking pretty invulnerable in this 4-way race and unless something changes he’s heading for reelection. Don’t get me wrong I think that Chris Bell is far and away the best candidate and the person who would make the best governor for Texas. But as 2000 showed us being the best qualified for the job means little with it comes to the voters, just ask Al Gore.

We need to push Chris Bell and do all we can to make people realize that coalescing around Chris is the only way to get Perry out of office. Much more important though is doing all we can to get Democrats elected down the ballot. Whether it’s AG, Congress, state House and Senate races or those county positions we need to get the farm team up and running strong again. Adding a few more seats in legislature and winning and/or making gains locally. That, to me, is what will be a success for Democrats in Texas in 2006."

Read the rest. This is the summary. Personally, I don't think Bell can fall below 35%. If we get the vote out for Fred Head, Hank Gilbert, and David Van Os, I don't think Bell can fall below 40%. While I wouldn't brag about a 40% win, I would take it and be happy. We have to convince folk that we need to oust Perry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home