Taylor County Democrats

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Burnt Orange Report: :: SD 24 Convention Report

Burnt Orange Report: :: SD 24 Convention Report: "This was our first convention as well. Both Camille and I became delegates specifically to work for Glen Maxey, so we definitely experienced some disappointment, but we also came back fired up to win in 06 and 08.

In the early afternoon on Thursday, I was on the road from the Anson Summer School Program back to Abilene, eager to head out for Fort Worth. I already was proudly wearing my Maxey lapel sticker. My niece Jenny was with me, and she immediately asked about the sticker. I tried to explain, as best I could to a seven-year-old, why we were going and how we wanted Glen to win. Jenny got a very serious look on her, and asked “What are you going to do if he loses?” I told her that her Aunt Camille and I would be sad for a little while, but we’d get over it. She still looked serious, and said 'Uncle Mike, you know people do lose sometimes, right?'

Yes, Jenny, I know. We were sad for a while, but now we’re over it. I’ve already sent out important emails, worked on our county party website and blog, and started planning grassroots outreach for our Democratic Party 4th of July picnic. And I finally got around to writing this brief piece on our convention experience."

My report from the State Convention--take it for what it's worth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home